Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Shuffle: Happy Mothers Day


“She’s About A Mover” Sir Douglas Quintet

She strolled on up to me,
Said, "hey, big boy, what's your name?" Hey, hey.
Well, she strolled on up to me,
She said, "hey, big boy, what's your name?"
If you want love and conversation,
Woah, yeah, what I'd say

[Well, it didn’t quite happen that way, but it might as well have!]


“Hold You In My Arms” Ray LaMontagne

When you kissed my lips with my mouth so full of questions
My worried mind that you quiet
Place your hands on my face
Close my eyes and say
That love is a poor man's food
Don't prophesize
I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever
And I could hold you in my arms
I could hold you forever

[May my riches never get in the way of my poverty… er, something like that, thanks H. D. T.]

“In the Midnight Hour” Wilson Pickett

I'm gonna wait 'til the stars come out
See them twinkle in your eyes
I'm gonna wait 'til the midnight hour
That's when my love begins to shine
You're the only girl I know

[Maybe not as much now as years ago (work, kids, sleep, etc.), but there will always be midnights (summers, nights out, retirement) until there aren’t anymore. There’s something to keep hope around for.]


Bonus: “There is a Light That Never Goes Out” The Smiths

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

[So, it didn’t come up fourth, but it was within ten! And I just finished a book that used it as muse, so it’s fair play.]

1 comment:

  1. You two are so ridiculously adorable, it nearly makes me ill. But just nearly. :)

    A very happy Mothers Day to you and yours, my friend.

    ReplyDelete